Monday, October 24, 2005

Apparently I Know What I'm Talking About

I'll try not to break my arm patting myself on the back but...
In a recent and quite well-written post (if I must say so myself) I stated:
"In the business world, mega corporations will realize they are too big and unwieldy and will eventually unwind... In fact, once there are no more good mergers left, investment banks will push spin-offs again so they can justify their purpose and continue filling their coffers simply by switching gears."

My predictions have materialized sooner than I thought:

"Cendant, the $18 billion conglomerate that was built through the acquisitions of dozens of the nation's most prominent businesses like Century 21, Avis, Days Inn and Orbitz, is planning a radical breakup into four different companies.
The move, which company announced today, is perhaps the most vivid acknowledgment that the latest era of conglomerates built through mergers and acquisitions may be over." [New York Times, 10/24/2005]

We'll see if my predictions on Rove and Libby are as equally prophetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google