Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Blogged Down in Conservo-sludge? I've Got the Drano

"Who am I and what am I doing here?"
- Rear Admiral James Stockdale, during a surreal 1992 Vice Presidential Debate

You can call me Drano. You know that acid you pour down the drain that sometimes explodes in your face and melts your skin? Anyway, there are alot of blog-brained conserva-droids that need an acidic solvent to penetrate the cranial conservo-sludge. That's where "Drano" comes in. My real name is known to some and easy enough to uncover by those very few who actually care. I'm not so concerned about anonymity. I'm just another ranting northeast liberal who hates the direction our country is headed in and wants a forum to spout out about it! So this is it... I've removed my identity from the mix so it doesn't dilute the message, which is far more important than the mesenger. I do, however, hope to sprinkle my rants (which often take the form of letters to the conglomerate-controlled media) with some humor and other philosophical tangents that float around in my crystal clear Drano filled brain (uh, yeah.). Anyway, I figure if no one reads this, It will make me feel a lot better to rant into the cyber void about the a**holes running this country than to mutter to myself as I walk down the street.

"Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup."
- Norma Desmond, " Sunset Boulevard"

So with that I'll throw in a recent rant that was published in The Boston Metro last week. (I'm 3 for 3....they must be really DESPARATE for content!):

"I have seen very little public outrage by the fact that rich, middle-aged, white men are deciding the fate of rape victims and other woman who want easier access to "morning-after" pills. It is unconscionable that Romney and now Pataki are restricting access to these pills in a move to bolster their standing with extreme elements of their party. Pardon my cynicism but these governors aren’t considering the women who are directly and adversely affected by this legislation. This has nothing to do with the “deeply held beliefs” of these politicos. In fact, they don’t care about morning after pills. These guys are currying political favor to the far right in order to position themselves for a presidential run. This is simply “divide-and-conquer” politics ala Bush, Rove and their idol, Richard Nixon. When do we, as nation, begin expecting more from our government? Republicans keep talking freedom and liberty while chipping away at our civil rights. While Romney and Pataki are getting all sanctimonious about morning after pills perhaps they should consider the endless slaughter of cattle sizzling on plates at their presidential fundraisers or the lives of innocent young people fighting a war we shouldn’t be in and cannot get out of."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google